Links to Resources
The best places (other than VapingGuides.com of course :)) to gather with other vapers and to gather information and opinions (usually honest, often unbiased, and sometimes informed) about all things e-cig. The greatest strength of the larger electronic cigarette forums is also their greatest weakness: there is so much there that it can be difficult to find your way. [That’s why we created our site.]
- e-Cigarette-Forum: The first, most professional, and by far the largest electronic cigarette forum. It is where DonDaBoomVape and cyberwolf hang our hats.
- Vapers Forum: Also quite large, VF is a more freewheeling alternative, inhabited by many of vaping’s veterans (and new vapers as well) who find ECF to be staid. [Warning: Not for the thin-skinned or those uncomfortable with profanity and frequent references to women’s breasts.]
- International Vapers Club: We just learned of this electronic cigarette forum … even though it’s been around since the summer of 2010. [Shame on us.] Seems to have a fair amount of interesting, unique content, which we are looking forward to explore. First impression of style: Both civilized and relaxed.
- VapersPlace: Rapidly growing with an emphasis on social networking. The new “VP Live” section “is the world’s first internet [talk] radio station created by vapers for vapers.”
- Vapor Talk: Affiliated with the Vapor Talk e-Cig Store, but a vital electronic cigarette forum in its own right.
- nu-vapor: Very much a suppliers showcase, a very pleasant one with lots of give-aways.
- E-Cig-Reviews Forum: A UK-based forum affiliated with Scott Bonner’s blog (see below). We’ve not yet spent much time there, but anything associated with Scott (igetcha) is A-OK in our book!
Videos and audios on vaping and the electronic cigarette . [See also the VP Live section of VapersPlace.]
- VapeTV is what it sounds like: Live and recorded videos about vaping.
- VapeTube is similar but focused on recorded videos. It has a great deal of content.
- VaporCast contains both its own recorded audio podcasts and links to several of the electronic cigarette forums.
Somewhat analogous to VapingGuides.com, but with a greater emphasis on the engaging personality of the blogger and on video content.
- GrimmGreen.com: The leading video personality in vaping. His slogan: “Keep On Vaping!” GrimmGreen is a charming, energetic video presence. Lots of worthwhile electronic cigarette content with an irreverent Gen Y spin. See also the link to his videos in the Video Reviewers and Tutors section below.
- eCigology: Cooper and Gary are growing their site at leaps and bounds with a high-quality mix of informational articles and reviews (both text and video).
- Vapenstein: Probably the cleanest-looking and one of the most attractive blogs out there … with a rapidly growing amount of well-written articles, primarily on e-liquids.
- E-Cig-Reviews: Scott Bonner’s (igetcha) site: primarily a categorization of his wealth of excellent electronic cigarette review and tutorial videos (see below). Also check out the Discount Codes.
- Taste Your Juice: The print companion to Phil Busardo’s excellent video reviews
Electronic cigarette Industry associations and groups fighting to protect our right to vape, many deserving of your participation and support.
- CASAA: The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association
- National Vapers Club: both a network of local vaping clubs and an electronic cigarette advocacy group.
- Vapers International: “a research group that works with international doctors and scientists to write and conduct studies on nicotine vaporizers and the liquid used in them.” Appears to be closely affiliated with NVC.
- Right to Vape: a forum focused on the topic named.
- Vapers Coalition: a coalition of the above.
- Vapers Network: “a group of people who are working to improve communication and access to support for users of personal vaporizer.” A lot of information.
- Electronic Cigarette Association (ECA): “an association of [a handful of] private sector companies engaged in electronic cigarette technologies.”
Video Reviewers and Tutors
An extremely valuable (and enjoyable) way to learn about and get a feel for the products reviewed … and for vaping in general. Many also do video tutorials on aspects of vaping. There are scores of vapers who express their opinions on video these days; the following are among the best, most popular, and/or most prolific … representing a broad range of styles:
- GrimmGreen: The leading Yank. One of the first and most prolific; covers all the bases – electronic cigarette hardware, e-liquid, commentary, some tutorials, and, most of all, enthusiasm. GrimmGreen gives you a good feel for what’s being reviewed.
- igetcha (Scott Bonner): The leading Brit. Similar comments to above, but with an emphasis on professionalism and clarity, rather than charismatic personality. Scott provides an in-depth understanding.
- Doctor Vapor: Another engaging screen presence; kind of a Baby Boomer GrimmGreen. Lots of tutorials, including his great new E-Cig 101 series.
- Mainely Vapor: “sl1pg8r, call me slip” aka Jason is another new vaper (Gen X this time) who has burst onto the scene with intelligent reviews of e-liquid and mods, delivered in an engaging, brisk style. [Translation for Baby Boomers like me (Don): “sl1pg8r” = “Slip Gator.”]
- MoobyGhost: The Orson Wells of vaping. “That Guy With The Fedora” was a major presence in the second half of 2009; has faded from the spotlight since then. Still a lot of valuable electronic cigarette content.
- phee303: The Gen Y techie approach; primarily mods. Many videos, but strangely absent from the forums.
- allaboutthevapor: primarily e-liquids; well presented.
- Basilray: One of the newer reviewers on the scene. Also primarily e-liquids.
- pbusardo: Even newer than Basilray, he also delivers illuminating reviews of e-liquids and cartomizers with an extremely enjoyable presentational style.
- hifistud: The hilarious Brit Boomer. If you’re a Yank like us, you may have occasional difficulty understanding his thick accent, but you won’t care. He’ll show you how to “drippity drippity drip Personal Inhalation System Solution into the atomanitamanizer.” Occasional use of naughty words.
- Leaford (Dan Henschel): 2008/2009 – a guru of all things vaping. 2010 – KR808D-1 cartomizers and China manufacturing as Vapor4Life’s VP Product Development.
- AmajNN: primarily mods; presents them well.
- truelove: Well done, close-up visual demonstrations of electronic cigarette mods, accompanied by music (often mellow, which Don likes).
- Nikko Daniels: High-energy, professional presentations (not so much “reviews”) with good production values, primarily of smaller models.
- Mr Smoke (Carl Jones): A rapper’s take on vaping.
- Bornagainst: An articulate, laid-back Canadian view of vaping.
- smokie: Another Boomer, this time from The Sopranos school of vaping; primarily e-liquids. Extremely prolific starting in the spring of 2010.
Reviewers (with whom we are not yet familiar) recommended by site visitors:
- Smoke2Vape: Another articulate Brit.
- NicFitNation (vapor thompson): “Gonzo Vaping”.
- Vapin’ Valerie: Because of youth and gender, we are reminded of MistressNomad. Valerie’s presentation is more geared to seasoned vapers.
The following just scratches the surface of the valuable information about vaping available on ECF and other websites:
- Buying and Using an Electronic Cigarette: A Primer: DC2’s succinct presentation of essential information for new vapers. [DonDaBoomVape’s WWV is the long-winded version. :)] See also Kent C’s post in that thread on Manual versus Automatic batteries.
- e-Liquid-Database: ViZi’s outstanding compendium of juice (by continent of the creator). In each case, he provides basic facts about the offerings, e.g., bottle sizes, nicotine strengths offered, number of flavors (tobacco and other), PG and/or VG, cost per ml, and supplier links. Although some brewers are missing (e.g., our personal favorite, Backwoods Brew), this is the most comprehensive listing we know of.
- E-Liquid Cost-per-ml: candre23’s list of electronic cigarette e-liquid suppliers (with links to their sites), sortable by large-bottle cost, sample-bottle cost, or shipping cost. An invaluable tool for the thrifty juice shopper … and a useful supplement to the above.
- The Electronic Cigarette Buyer’s Guide: Perhaps the simplest intro to electronic cigarettes, perfect for a first time buyer.
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Your 510: kristin’s guide to the Joye 510 electronic cigarette model, most of which is applicable to any three-piece e-cig.
- The Fabulous Five-Ten: Don’s three-part illustrated guide to the Joye 510 model, produced for NHaler, but most of the content is supplier-independent. Here are direct links to Part 2 and Part 3 (which includes several tutorial videos).
- A VaporKing User Guide: Birdy’s illustrated guide to the KR808D-1 two-piece electronic cigarette, cartomizer-based e-cig, produced for supplier, Vapor4Life, but applicable to all KR808D-1’s.
- The Nebula Electronic Cigarette: Don’s illustrated guide to the Nebula-branded KR808D-1 electronic cigarette model, produced for supplier, VaporNine, but most of the content is supplier-independent.
- eCigarette Mods Database: ViZi again, this time with the comprehensive database of mods (also including what Don calls “Fat Batts”). If you have the slightest interest in a PV with a greater capacity than a mini e-cig, you must explore this website.
- A Side-By-Side Comparison of e-cigs and Mods: Photos and descriptions (with links) of youtubecommercial’s vast collection of PVs. An excellent companion to ViZi’s database.
- Volts-Ohms-Watts Table: Ralph T’s and Candre23’s tabular presentation of the watts (i.e., the power or intensity of the vape) resulting from a battery’s voltage (volts) and an atomizer’s resistance (ohms). NOTE: 6-8 watts typically is considered to be the “sweet spot.”
- Volts/Ohms/Watts/Amps Online Calculator: Enter any two values and it calculates the other two. Fills in the gaps in the above table and also calculates amps (i.e. current). NOTE: The higher the amps, the greater the chance of burning out an atomizer.